Friday, March 20, 2015

BeStill52: Week 10 - Light at 45 Degrees

It's Friday.  So glad.  Although it is snowing here on this first day of spring.  Ok then.  So, this week's BeStill52 assignment required we consider the light source in our composition from various angles. Simply put:  the 45 degree angle - or as Kim Klassen put it - the 10 or 11 o'clock position, or perhaps the 1 or 2 o'clock position.  Last week, when I was practicing my "be still" mode (not so much, she admits sheepishly), I happened upon this composition.  The simple elegance of Baby's Breath and my favorite prop (a teal-colored, glass, gourd-shaped vase) called out to me like a siren whispering softly in the wind.  Yes, this photographic passion constantly pulls you in, lures you to grab that camera - in a good way, of course.  So, although I was a bit ahead of this week's assignment (light at 45 degrees), I believe I accomplished the goal.  However, I do plan to do a few more over the next week exploring light at this angle.  And of course, I plan to be still and breathe.


And so I leave you good tidings for a great weekend and a quote about living a passionate life:

"There is no passion to be found
in settling for a life that is less
than what you are capable of living."

Nelson Mandela

To view more of my photography on Etsy click here:  https://www.etsy.com/shop/KateRyanFineArt

No comments:

Post a Comment