Wednesday, March 11, 2015

BeStill52 Week 8

Welcome to my blog!  Thank you for popping in.  I hope you'll stick around.  Full disclosure: I've been dragging my feet for over a year to get a blog up and running. Don't ask.  Lots to explain but let me keep this somewhat short: I began a simple journey 8 years to reawaken my creativity through photography. I never could have imagined where it was to take me, the joy it would bring me, and the talented and generous people I would befriend.  More about this journey will be revealed in time.  So, fast-forward to the present:  I'm in the throes of a 52 week still life workshop taught by Kim Klassen called BeStill52.  The challenges:  learn stillness, calmness, breathing softly, photographing slowly and with intent....oh, and improve your still life photography along the way. Today's image is the 8th of a total of 52 (44 more to go).  The assignment was to capture a photo using a technique called "back-lighting."  Basically, it's meaning is simple:  the light source is behind your subject.





I promised to keep things short...and so there you have it for now.  Besides showcasing my journey, I plan to feature the work of other creative friends...photographers, writers, and others involved in the visual arts.  I will leave you with this week's quote:

“The world is but a canvas to the imagination.”  — Henry David Thoreau

Hope to see you soon!  To see more of my work in my Etsy shop, click here: http://etsy.me/1tMazZW


No comments:

Post a Comment